I saw my old boss a little while ago. And she told me the most bittersweet news. She saw you on a weekend, decked out in summer prints and a lawn chair. The two of you talked for at least ten minutes about life and work.
I am happy for my old boss seeing as it took years of working there to befriend you in any fashion. With this, I support you in your settled ways. I will simply inform you that I miss you, and I’m sad we never had a slumber party with movies and popcorn and “would you rather.”
I wish you luck.
Freshly ground cinnamon on top of your apple cider,
1. i’m sitting in my apartment for day 2.5 of dealing with some pretty wretched food poisoning, avoiding the multitude of homework sitting in front of me on my desk, feeling somewhat relieved because maybe i wouldn’t be doing it anyway and now i really can’t be doing it and somewhat mortified that this pile of paper will grow exponentially in the next week.
2. mostly hanging out with my mom, but i would settle for almost anything in a healthy body
3. with a better idea of what i want and where i want to be and what i should be doing
4. seriously i don’t know, i’m pretty awesome. usually my answer to this question in a formal setting is that i care too much and focus on perfection rather than the big picture, which is largely true. i think i just try not to focus on weaknesses.
5. i probably would choose the lesser sum over time, but also i semi want the money now. really my practical side would win and i’d take the payments.
1. Cleaned my desk and started packing to go back to school.
2. Kayaking down a river in Colorado, then hiking to the top of a mountain.
3. Happily married. Har har! No, I hope to have recorded an album
and finished a collection of short stories.
4. My lack of self-confidence and my difficulties with trust.
5. (Did you know it’s actually the other way around? The lump sum is
less, and paid out it’s quite a bit more.) Paid out. Monay!
1. I have orientation for grad school.
2. I wish something spontaneously romantic was happening.
3. I hope to be an intermediate level west coast swing dancer.
4. I’m not very good with budgeting money.
5. Divided sum over span of time.
1. Today I am off and I will be reading a book, go to the university for some research, and meet friends for a dinner.
2. I wish I was writing my book already.
3. I hope to see myself always in VT and doing great things to help elderly.
4. My greatest weakness is that I love people too much, BUT my actual greatest weakness is that I trust almost everybody because I believe in their capacity to do good. The downside of it is that I am often disappointed, but I continue to trust anyway.
5. If I won a lottery, I would choose a lesser sum over a series of time.
1. Today I got up, worked out, am currently on break at my acting job, which is directly followed by working at an ice cream store until 11:30. good times.
2. I wish I was in Chicago with you visiting Mxxxx. And drinking some sort of substance before proper drinking hours.
3. I hope to be doing a payed performing program during the summer, and start auditioning for grad schools in the fall.
4. Wow. We could be here all day. Laziness, low self confidence. Depression? that doesn’t count. bad taste in men. I’m a lush and an emotional eater. But really the first two are the big ones.
5. I thought you got more if you received in increments. However, I would always opt for the most money, and if in one lump sum I would promptly take it to a financial advisor/planner/accountant because I am bad with money.
Both times I’ve seen you today you’ve been too nervous to talk to me due to the overwhelming number of 20-somethings in the office.
That is okay. Things will calm down for Monday and I believe in my final week at this institution I will get a smile from you.
Franks and beans,