So in the movies and things like that or whatever workspaces look so gorgeous.
And that time I was in a police precinct, it looked NOTHING like law and order so I feel that I was shamed.
In addition, I’m an avid gchatter, so a couple weeks ago when I visited my friend in her office it was crazy to see where she talks to me from everyday… sending me on this mission. I want pictures of peoples work spaces! MESSY AND EVERYTHING. I did mine first, and it looks pretty good since I already ate breakfast and lunch so the normal multitude of containers and snacks are missing. It’s below.
Send me your desks!
1. Playing hooky from my job. This includes: the best coffee in my city (seriously you can’t imagine how amazing their foam is: also they can pour it in pretty shapes, like apples, leaves; yesterday the dude did a leaf IN an apple), a park with loads of post-modern sculpture, best pastry in my city, which is a viennoise, falafel, another park with hills and a WATERFALL, aaaaand a glass of wine with peach liqueur in it. fuck.yes.
2. I never thought the answers to 1 & 2 would match up, but–playing hooky and enjoying the city i live in.
3. Where do I see myself or where would I LIKE to see myself…cause there’s a difference. See myself still in the same city (which actually coincides with where i’d like to see myself–sweet); and would like to be making some art or training in making art. Also by then I’ll re-remember how to use a semi-colon.
4. I need my ego stroked. Like all the time.
5. Less over time. It’s like a second job you don’t work for. You get a regular salary just for being awesome.
The Five Questions get some lovin once again… if you haven’t answered them quite yet, you should.
1. today i am job hunting. per usual. i also did some life
organizing, which always seems necessary after weekends of heavy
drinking or being away (which both happened this past weekend).
between scraping together my present and trying to find a future, i
keep pretty busy.
2. i wish i was working today, preferably doing a job that requires
some sort of intellectual stimulation or challenge. i have been
un/under/misemployed for so long that i cannot even appreciate having
a day off or any of the activities that one might do during a day off.
therefore, i would give just about anything to have woken up early,
sat in traffic or been jostled on the bus/subway, thought my boss was
an idiot, completed mind numbing tasks, and been cut off/honked at/
sat in traffic on the way home.
3. in a year i would like to still be living in the city i am living
in now. hopefully by then i will have secured a job with health
insurance. if not, i hope i’m not sick in a year.
4. i think, especially in the work place, i tend to make promises or
set deadlines that i am unable to keep. in the work i do now it is
especially dangerous because i work directly with the customer. so
when i miss a deadline, they’re like wtf as opposed to my boss or
someone i work with being like wtf. i think it’s scarier when it’s a
house wife or volleyball coach cursing you out.
5. lesser sum for sure.